The Methow Valley Community School is an independent elementary school serving grades 1-6, and is located in the lower level of the Community Center.
Founded in 1999, the Methow Valley Community School engages students in authentic learning experiences that motivate them to excellence and prepare them to be contributing members of the greater community and world.
Their Expeditionary Learning education model is based on the idea that we learn best when we are actively involved. Through engaging in project-based, interdisciplinary learning expeditions that are relevant to their own lives and their larger community, students develop a deeper sense of place, and become active participants in their own academic and character development.
Features of the school include:
- Child-centered, inquiry- and project-based learning in place and nature
- Intimate, multi-age classrooms
- Integrated character development
- Weekly outdoor learning adventures
- Locavores Farm-to-Table Program
- Art, language, music, movement
The school welcomes your inquiry and visit.
Methow Valley Community School
PO Box 546
Twisp, WA 98856